So now I have monster cuffs in my shop. They make me giggle the entire time I'm making them, photographing them and creating the listings. They're just so silly.
For the first couple, I used regular felt for the teeth. I sewed the edges down so it wouldn't fray.
Since making the green ones, I discovered stiff felt. I'm the type to overdo things so they won't come undone. So I double the stiff felt and glue them together with gorilla glue.
I glue the eyes on with hot glue. I had trouble a couple times with this glue. I've melted the eyes more than once. One had a finger-printed blobby spot I had to cut off where it had squished out onto the button. And then there's always the annoying stringyness of this glue.
However, I tried switching to gorilla glue and it didn't work well. It didn't set quickly enough. I was also much more concerned with glue seeping out from under the eye. Gorilla glue dries an ugly yellowish-white color that would be very noticeable. So now I'm back to hot glue.
The teeth are just sewn on wherever I can fit them around the yarn loops. For this one I tried a different tooth pattern.
In the future I am considering things like wings and horns but I haven't figured them out yet. I also want to make vampire fangs but they don't work with the loop closures.
This guy is my favorite. He reminds me of a Muppet.
My wife doesn't like to talk about my weaving very much, but then she keeps giving me these great ideas. I think she's working against herself.