Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Allergy Warning - I have cats


I make no effort to hide the fact my weavings are exposed to cats.  In fact, I actively try to throw this fact out in every way I can, without going so far as to make customers think I rub their products in cat hair.

I pick the hair out as I'm weaving.  Then again really well before photographing.  Then it sits in a cat free cabinet or closet.  When something sells I go over every inch at least twice to get any strays.  Hopefully none of my customers would even know I have cats based on the weavings they receive.



Even so, here is another warning for those that suffer severe cat allergies.  I have 2 cats in the house.  I weave in my living room where they spend half their day.


For everyone else, here's a blog of cute cat pictures.  Cause the internet can never have enough cute cats :)








Both cats love hiding inside the loom.  It's dark and cozy.
















Tess loves to run off with balls of yarn when I'm not looking.  Before we got the boy kitty, she would get to drag the yarn back and forth all over the apartment.  I can't let her play with them unsupervised anymore though.  Stupid head boy kitty eats yarn, and eats it fast.










I guess I don't have that many pictures of Eli in the yarn.  Probably because he eats it.
                            (His name is short for El-ahrairah)




Here's an older picture of him covered in pink.  Somehow he managed to destroy a toy in such a way as the dye bled all over him.  We didn't notice at first because it kinda matched his fur.  Kinda wish we knew how to do this all the time and with different colors.









This picture was taken during a weaving photo shoot.  I looked over and she was being a ham, as always.  She's just so dainty.

Back when I was using a sheet on the ground for my backdrop, she would always be on top of it.  I'd turn around to get another product and there she'd be.  Then I'd have to shake all the hair off again.

Now I put the sheet over a bin.  Leaning to ground repeatedly was hurting my back.  The cats don't get on the bin as much.  There's plenty of tails or noses in the uncropped versions of my pictures though.





I brought this bag down from the closet to sort through.  I wasn't going to leave it out for very long.  This little princess said, "oh!  Thank you for leaving out this new bed." She sat there, blocking the way to the kitchen, for the rest of the afternoon.







What?  Don't I belong here?

No comments:

Post a Comment