Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pink Arrows over Stripes




I made this band about two weeks ago. I was having a bit of fun with color and also expanding the arrows pickup pattern to the edge of the piece rather than having a border.

The arrows pickup pattern is almost as easy as the stripes and gives a nice flow to the piece. Contrasting the arrows against vertical stripes can create a striking pattern.

The bright primary colors give this piece a nice medieval feel.


The black is a nice cotton. It is thicker than crotchet thread but not as thick as acrylic.
The yellow is Bernat Baby Soft. The blue is unknown material about as thick as the yellow.
The pink is also unknown though I am fairly certain it is wool. It is scratchy and sheds fibers. It may have been hand spun since it seems to be only one ply and was not consistent thickness.

If you're wondering how I could not know what my yarn is, no my stash isn't that disorganized. The stash I got to pull stuff out of for free was. It was a bit of a mess sorting through her random bags and bins and I had to detangle everything even though I took only the best looking items. It was worth it though. Everything she had was natural fibers and a lot was home spun. Her stash and a couple others are why I love using Craigslist for finding yarn. Things don't come up often but when they do they're worth it.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here are the patterns for this band:

oooxxxoooxxxoxxxoooxxxooo
ooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoo
oxxxoooxxxoooooxxxoooxxxo
xxxoooxxxoooxoooxxxoooxxx
xxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxx
xoooxxxoooxxxxxoooxxxooox


K K K N B B N K K N K K N Y K N K K N K K N K K N K Y N K K N K K N B B N K K K
. K N K B N B B N K K N Y Y N K K N K K N K K N K K N Y Y N K K N B B N B K N K

K = Black
N = Pink
B = Blue
Y = Yellow

Weft is Black

No comments:

Post a Comment